Monday, August 6, 2007

More Encouragment for Us Moms..

I get a email newsletter from MOPS. They are always encouraging & helpful.
I really liked this one.

There are times when parenthood seems nothing more than feeding the hand that bites you.(Peter De Vries)

You Want a Piece of Me?

"You want a Piece of Me?!?" is a common expression from two men getting ready to fight. Their fists are upraised; each guy ready to punch the other and give him a knuckle sandwich.
As a mom, however, those words have a different meaning. Some days I feel like everyone wants a piece of me - the baby that needs to nurse, again! The toddler that can't find his blanket. The first grader that needs help with her reading. Then there's dinner to fix, errands to run, baths, reading, prayers, one more potty stop, one more drink of water, one more nursing and honey, don't even look at me with those bedroom eyes!
So where do I go to find strength to get it all done?
Exercise classes these days talk a lot about strengthening your core. The core, your midsection, helps give strength for all the movement you do throughout the day. When everyone "wants a piece of me," I need to think about strengthening my core. I don't mean going to a Pilates class. I need to find ways to strengthen my mental, emotional and spiritual core. I call a friend, go to MOPS or listen to inspirational music. I pray and ask for help. I read the Bible. These sources of strength help me through those hard days. They help me grow strong because as my children get older, I'm finding they never stop "wanting a piece of me."


Prayer From a Mother's HeartDear God, help my child learn to cast his cares on you, knowing that you will sustain him. (Psalm 55:22)

No comments: