Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dominican Republic, Here I Come!!

I am so unbelievably excited to be called to go on my 1st mission trip EVER!

As many of you know, I am involved in a fantastic Bible study class called Community Bible Study. Each year, we study of a book of the Bible in-depth. This is my 3rd year, and we have been studying Acts (the missionary work of Paul). Since I began studying Acts last fall, I have prayed for God to present an opportunity for me to go on a mission trip where I could utilize my dental skills for His glory. Well, He has answered my prayers with an incredible opportunity! I will be going to the Dominican Republic with Hebron Baptist Church and SCORE International from July 22nd -31st. Our team will be spending time doing baseball camps and games, working in orphanages, providing medical & dental care and constantly sharing the love of Christ with incredible men, women and children.

In preparation for this mission trip, I need your prayers for the trip itself. Please pray for the spiritual battles ahead and also pray for any obstacles that would interfere with our mission. Our team will definitely need your prayers in order to most effectively minister to these people.

Secondly, please pray for Allan and my three boys. Please pray for God’s perfect provision for them while I am away. For myself, I would like for you to specifically pray for the Lord to fill me with His peace. Although, I have been greatly encouraged learning about Paul’s first missionary journeys, I still have 1st time jitters. Matthew 28:18-20 says, Then, Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” In obedience, I am stepping out in faith and trusting the Lord to provide what I need spiritually, emotionally, physically and monetarily!

I am raising $1050 for the mission team. Praise the Lord, I am sooo close to my financial goal!
Please prayerfully consider investing in this mission. If you would like to help financially, please let me know & I'd be glad to get you information on how to invest in this mission!

Love, Kelly

No comments: