
Back on May 14th, I had the incredible opportunity to help 13 Haitian refugees at Hebron's Dental Clinic.They were so appreciative of our help/work. After we got their dental stuff squared away, we bought them lunch. Pizza! Not quite sure what they thought of the American staple. Either they loved it or they were just hungry b/c they gobbled it up!! They all gave us big hugs when they left. Such an emotional moment for me. Break out the Kleenex! So humbled that God allows me the privilege to be able to serve people in need using my skills as a dental assistant! And to think, I thought dental assisting was my profession "pre-kids"... now I see that all along God was preparing me to use those skills serving in a different way! I can only imagine what it's going to be like once I'm in the Dominican Republic in July! I'm sure I won't be able to put words to my emotions. Anyway, after lunch, we got them together in a group where our dental leader, Paula, was able to share the Gospel with them with the help of a Creole interpreter. Our prayer is that they know how much God loves them. And, we pray they each accepted Jesus as their Lord & Savior. The little boy is 16 months old. I just loved this little guy... but I am a bit partial to little boys! :) During the quake, his house crumbled and fell on him. He was lost in the rubble for 3 days before they found him. He was such a happy little boy despite his circumstances. One of the men was working on the roof of his house when the quake hit and after the first rumble he found himself on the roof of another house. So strong it sent him flying! These refugees will be here in the States for 18 months. There are more. Originally we were supposed to see about 23, but only 13 were able to make it due to various illnesses/aches/pains. Sometime in the near future we'll be treating the others. Please keep the refugees and our clinic in your prayers! It was such a huge blessing to me! ~ Kelly



No comments:
Post a Comment