It's A......... Girl?!?!
Friday, I went in as last reported to my OB for my 15 week check up. All is well with the baby & my doctor wanted to see me back in 5 weeks for the "big ultrasound". However, I couldn't stand waiting 5 more weeks to find out what Baby Rainey is. So, Allan & I talked about it & decided to go to a 3D place in Roswell called Baby Vision. It was $60 for gender determination. After, Nate's ball game yesterday, we loaded up the boys & headed up to our appointment. The appointment from start to finish was only 15 mins. It took her about 5-6 mins to get some pics of the baby. I tried really hard to find the "turtle head" like I saw in Nate, Alex & Seth's ultrasound photos and never saw it. The ultrasound tech told us with almost no doubt that Baby Rainey is indeed a girl. I was in total shock & am still in shock. Why? I'm not sure. I think I really thought it would be a boy. I have prayed and asked if it is God's will, for Him to bless us with a baby girl. And, I've claimed Psalm 37:4 "Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart". I've felt this whole time that this baby is a girl, so why can't I make myself believe it's a girl?? Doubt? Fear? I don't know. We've called and told all our family & friends and now I think I fear having to call them all in 5 weeks to tell them it's actually a baby boy. Lord knows I would be thrilled with a boy, too. I can't really put it into words the confusion I am feeling right now and if it's actually warranted or if I'm just over analyzing our fantastic news. Reading wrong gender predictions on the internet doesn't seem to help either. I've promised myself after today no more looking at ultrasounds online.
Here's a few photos they took of her. You can click on them for a larger view.
2 comments:
Congrats, Kelly and Allan! I am so happy that you are having a GIRL! I think your house needs a girl to help keep those boys in-line! LOL! How are you going to react with all the pink stuff? :)
STOP googling all the things that COULD go wrong!! I'm gonna have a sweet baby niece come October :) YAYYYYYYYYY!!!
Post a Comment