Lately, I have come across several verses on stumbling. It is our prayer that our family's actions or words have not caused anyone to stumble. The Bible tells us it's wrong to cause others to stumble.
Romans 9:33 - See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall.
I hope that I'm not the stone or rock that causes anyone to stumble... therefore, I must watch my words & actions carefully because people are always watching.
1 Corinthians 10:32 - Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or church of God.
1 Peter 2:8 - "A stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall." They stumble because they disobey the message.
Unsaved people need to know God's true message so as Christians we need to make sure our life conveys what we are proclaiming ourselves to be. If we're professing to be Christians, but our life, actions & words, doesn't reflect that... then we're causing others to stumble.
No comments:
Post a Comment