Monday, July 28, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes...

So sweet.
I took Nate to the doc today b/c he's had a cough now for 3 weeks. Bad mommy waiting it out. But, I really thought it'd clear on it's own. Turns out he was wheezing and is in need of breathing treatments every 4-6 hours. This should earn me the Mom of the Year Award! Ha Ha!
Anyway, while we were there, Nate just got real comfy w/ the doc. He was chattin' her up like they were best buddies. He's taken an obsession to pointing with the finger that's not so great to point with. You know the one I'm talking about. Well, I was so embarrassed. But, he was trying to tell her that he cut his finger on his watergun. That happened to be the finger that was cut. Then she asked if it was feeling better. His response, "Yes, Jesus is making it all better!" That made me smile!! Then as she was listening to his heart, she asks him if he could hear his heart beat. And, he just looks at her and says, "Jesus lives in my heart."
I just melted. Even when I think all my energy is wasted trying to teach him things... it's good to know that some of it- the most important part of it, really is sinking in! I really believe the LORD knew I needed an encouraging moment b/c the past few days have been very trying and I really have felt that I'm just spinning my wheels and they'll never get anything. Thank you LORD for the reminder of Galatians 6:9...Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

2 comments:

A Blessed MOM said...

that is so sweet...your works are not going unnoticed that is for sure...I guarantee that...

Chaotic Joy said...

That is great Kelly. What a beautiful post. Keep on keeping on. THey notice. He notices. I'm certain of it.