Wednesday, May 27, 2015

"Buyer Terminated"

I saw those words in the subject line of an email. Fear shot right through me and I couldn't even bear to open the email for a few minutes. I didn't want to know.... ignorance is bliss. We definitely weren't prepared to read those words yesterday. We were enjoying peace and resting in faith that everything was moving along smoothly. The family had been to our home 4 times and in their words they loved the house and yard, wrote a contract for full asking price that night! Then, without any further explanation all of a sudden they terminate just short of the due diligence period ending. I can only assume their financing fell through. Nothing else makes sense to me. I am praying they will find a home that will work for their family.


Whatever the reasoning, now it feels like we're back at ground zero. Coming down off that mountain high down to the dark valley. We did have another offer to come in & we're currently working on that one to see if we can find a middle ground. So there is a light in this dark valley. Praying God will illuminate it big time & carry us right back up to the mountain top!


It's just so hard to understand how the Lord works & WHY He works the way He does. It's a very human thing to want to know it all. But, if we knew it all there'd be no room for faith. Hebrews 11:1 again says, "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see". And I am claiming Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose"


In my daily devotion today, from Proverbs 31 Ministries the lady writing was speaking about a fear she had and about being afraid. In the midst of a meltdown the Lord whispered a reminder to her "Yet You are holy..." She went on to say more about that short three-letter-word YET!


Yet tells us the story hasn’t fully been told.
Yet tells us a page is about to be turned.
Yet tells us God has a different perspective


On the surface Allan & I feel as though we are crumbling, but Our God has us in His hands and will hold us together & sustain us. Now, I am choosing to continue praising Him because I know there's a YET for us about to turn to a YES! Dare I say it be a better yes??


 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from my cries of anguish? My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, but I find no rest. Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the one Israel praises." Psalm 22:1-3 (NIV)
God isn’t just the God of the calm and peaceful. He isn’t just God in the happy and safe. He’s God in the chaos. He’s God in the courtroom, the emergency room, the waiting room and the viewing room. AND HE'S GOD IN THE MIDDLE OF A TERMINATED CONTRACT 5 DAYS BEFORE OUR SCHEDULED DISNEY VACATION!
He is always holy. Even now.
Trouble may abound but God is holy still. His sovereignty takes the pressure off of us to control our sometimes scary circumstances and hold tightly to the things we think will bring us comfort. Because God shows up, we can live our lives unafraid.

Then my 2nd devotion from Daily Hope from Rick Warren the key verse was Romans 1: 12 "I want us to help each other with the faith we have. Your faith will help me, and my faith will help you" Again, I know our children are watching & learning.  As we talked about the crushing news on our new back porch in the midst of a major thunderstorm...rain pounding & wind wooshing like crazy... the Lord is in control & is worthy of ALL our praise! The fact that we won't make it to Disney this summer unless a radical miracle happens before Friday, we STILL have so much to be thankful for. Just because things don't go our way, the way we think it should go, we STILL praise the Lord for His faithfulness to us. We are STILL going to Florida, activities are just changing. We STILL have an amazing new home on gorgeous land that HE provided for us! We STILL have an ongoing chat with a potential buyer. And we STILL have Jesus if all else fails. Praise the Lord for all of our STILLS we notice and the STILLS we fail to notice!


Til next time... praying for the "Yet" to turn to a "Yes" & praising the Lord because of His faithfulness!




 

No comments: