Friday, May 29, 2015

CROSSfitter

I'm pretty convinced the Lord has hacked into Proverbs 31 Ministries and has been sending me personalized devotions!
For the past few months, all of the devotions have directly spoken to me & something I'm currently struggling with.
You know... here lately it's the struggle to sell this house!
Today's devotion was on "making our journey easier"
Scripture was Revelation 3:7b that only God can open a door & no one can close it. And, when he closes a door no one can open it.

From the devo:
I longed for God to stamp "yes" stickers on all my prayer requests and open every door of opportunity that I thought would be the perfect fit for me. But that didn’t happen.

YES YES YES! That would be me Folks!
Instead, I faced many challenges and obstacles. It seemed as if I’d take one step forward and three steps backward … like I was encountering more roadblocks than open doors. My self-made highway toward all those dreams started to look more like a dirt road littered with potholes of discouragement and puddles of frustration. So, I prayed harder, sought God more and asked why He wasn’t taking all of my great ideas into consideration. I wanted to be optimistic and full of faith, but the more I pondered and asked questions, the more I second-guessed my calling. Self-doubt filled my mind:
If God has gifted and called me to this, shouldn’t it be easier?If I’m trying to do God’s will, why does it seem like He’s denying all my prayer requests? Surely, He knows this is important to me!Look at this great opportunity. It’s exactly what I’ve been asking for! Why do I keep getting overlooked?
YES! This is sooooo me!

But let me interrupt my pity party and say that this is where I get to exercise that faith muscle! The one that is on the tad bit weak side! He is wanting me to DO work! Everyone knows I have a love/hate relationship with Crossfit. Love it because I hate it & hate it because I love it... (well as much as one can love an exercise routine)! It's hard and you have to set your mind to each WOD before you begin or else you will not finish! And during the WOD you have to persevere to come out victorious! After the WOD which tests you like nothing else physically, you look back, amazed at the accomplishment! I have been out of Crossfit for about 3 months due to the move, etc and without that regular regimen of hard, core strengthening work I have become a little... well... let's say SQUISHY! Maybe that's what my faith is looking like too. SQUISHY! If I would exercise that faith muscle MORE & strengthen it, it would ultimately be STRONGER!


Then this thought came to me: A closed door is not God’s objection toward me; it’s His sovereign protection over me.Suddenly that changed everything. I looked at the closed doors in my life from a new perspective.
God loves me too much and knows me too well to give me everything I ask for. His protection for me will always override my earthy wants and desires. Even when I have the best intentions in mind, His plan is always better.

YES! So instead of sulking and whining about the nos & not-right-nows, I need to embrace them as the Lord's protection over me & our family. He knows much more what we need than I do. And, I am CHOOSING to exercise that faith muscle to be a different kind of CROSSfitter!

Thank you Jesus!

~Til next time~
Kelly

No comments: