Last evening our realtor informed us that the people we had counter offered ended up making an offer on another house. Disheartening to hear.
However, I can feel my faith strengthing. Yes, there's still a little anxiousness, but a little more at peace with things.
This morning, my devotion was about surrendering all control again. About not pouting about my unmet expectations and unfulfilled prayers. Not losing sight of who God is in the midst of all of it and not being consumed by hurt that follows all the series of "nos and not-right-nows". The Scripture was "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6
Then my verse of the day from my Bible App was Hebrews 12:11 "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
However, I can feel my faith strengthing. Yes, there's still a little anxiousness, but a little more at peace with things.
This morning, my devotion was about surrendering all control again. About not pouting about my unmet expectations and unfulfilled prayers. Not losing sight of who God is in the midst of all of it and not being consumed by hurt that follows all the series of "nos and not-right-nows". The Scripture was "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6
Then my verse of the day from my Bible App was Hebrews 12:11 "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
I looked up all the definitions of discipline.
: control that is gained by requiring that rules or orders be obeyed and punishing bad behavior
: a way of behaving that shows a willingness to obey rules or orders
: behavior that is judged by how well it follows a set of rules or orders
: control that is gained by requiring that rules or orders be obeyed and punishing bad behavior
: a way of behaving that shows a willingness to obey rules or orders
: behavior that is judged by how well it follows a set of rules or orders
I do not believe the Lord is punishing us...but I do believe there is a form of training...day in/ day out of what he wants to see more of from me. Quite possibly if I can learn to surrender things to Him quicker and fully trust Him to fulfill His promises to me then my harvest will come and I will experience more peace as a result.
We will leave for vacation Saturday. As of right now, I am surrendering the house sale to Him. I am NOT going to think about it on our vacation. I am going to enjoy time with my family and all the blessings the Lord has blessed me with and not let the real estate woes rob me of those joys the Lord has provided.
The Lord will sell this house!
~Til next time~
Kelly
Kelly
No comments:
Post a Comment